Sunday, 1 July 2007

Wind stops play

Inconsistent wind conditions in Valencia have forced the postponement of today's 7th flight in the 32nd America's Cup.

I'm not sure I particularly favour the fact that if conditions are changeable, these races tend to be called off - whenever I've sailed, competitively or otherwise, I've never been given the option to stop if conditions got a bit tricky! Nevertheless, the organisers have disregarded my opinion, & cancelled the race for today. With tomorrow already designated a rest day, we'll have to wait for Tuesday to see the competition resume. Two days out of competition will enable Team New Zealand to regroup & hopefully come back at Alinghi, who only have to win on Tuesday to hold the Cup aloft.

No comments: