BYM News have published an interview with the ACM's Michael Hodara who presents the best media defence to date.
The full interview can be read here.
We've cherry-picked the eye-catching moments:
- Some critics are genuine in their wish to prevent the AC from evolving to preserve the status quo; others (unnamed) 'are simply jealous.'
- Court papers only served on SNG on August 17, 2007 (as justification for SNG/ACM's apparent lack of activity).
- Case to determine GGYC's wish to accelerate original suit due to be heard in court on 10th September (SNG to reply by 5th September).
- Port America could support a maximum of 14 teams (12 existing bases, 2 further could be built) - justification for ACM's control of who challenges.
- Protocol may have been too short and simple. Text is right, perception isn't.
- Challengers commission replaced with Competitors Commission intended to improve dialogue between 'squabbling' (our inclusion) challengers, the defender and the ACM. Competitor's Commission has met once already.
- No mention of Challenger Of Record for the second successive statement.